Manually Uploading Mods to Your ARK Survival Evolved Game Server
- Open Steam, and navigate to the ARK workshop. Find a mod you’d like to use on your server and subscribe to it.
- At the end of the link shown in the workshop listing, there is a number value. Copy this number value down. See the image below. If you can’t see the URL, you’ll need to enable it in your Steam settings.
- Connect to your server via an FTP client, we recommend using FileZilla/WinSCP or you can use our File Manager web application if you are updating non-map mods under 1GB..
- Once you have all the Mods you installed that you want, start up ARK Survival Evolved and host a local multiplayer session with the Mods active. This will unzip the Mods so you have their .mod files.
- Navigate to your own computer’s ARK mods folder. This is located in SteamApps/common/ARK Survival Evolved/ShooterGame/Content/Mods.
- You will see a folder with a .mod file for each Mod in the Mods folder on your computer. Upload both for each mod you’d like to use. You will want to create a “Mods” folder on your server in the same location if it isn’t already there (ShooterGame/Content/Mods).
- Navigate to the GameUserSettings.ini file in the ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer directory.
- In the [ServerSettings] section of the .ini file add “ActiveMods=MODID,MODID,MODID” and make sure the mods are stacked correctly (in the correct order). (Example: ActiveMods=479295136,499751025,510590313)
- Start the server and confirm that all mod files are present on your server.
- You can submit a new ticket or update your already opened ticket if you are having any issues.
[NOTICE] Not all mods are supported for multiplayer or are compatible with other mods. Mods may also be out of date upon release of new game updates which have caused major issues for server owners in the past (data loss, crashing). Also note that technical support related to mods will be rather limited. The moment you install mods, we are not held liable for any issues which may be related to the mod install – including data loss, service instability or any reduction in server performance. You are given every tool necessary to add a mod to your ARK server. However, if there is an issue on our end preventing mods from functioning, contact us and we will be happy to assist you to the best of our ability.
NOTICE] Map mods such as Valhalla are over the 1024MB upload limit for File Manager. You can use an FTP client such as Filezilla or WinSCP to transfer mods.